In order to provide you with the full range of Veedol International DMCC services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- What personal information Veedol International DMCC may collect about you?
- How Veedol International DMCC collects this information about you?
- How Veedol International DMCC may use this information?
- How long is this information kept?
- Whether Veedol International DMCC shares this information with anyone else?
- Does any third-party collect personal information or have access to the information collected by Veedol International DMCC?
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to Veedol International DMCC.
As set out above, Veedol International DMCC is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information.
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third-parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
1. What personal information Veedol International DMCC may collect about you?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any Veedol International DMCC websites, such as newsletters, competitions etc. We may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Veedol International DMCC and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on a particular web page, you might be required to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this, we will specify further on these web pages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
2. How Veedol International DMCC collects this information about you?
Veedol International DMCC collects the information you provide to us directly when you use the services. This includes:
- Account information – To create an account, you must provide a username and password. Your username is public, and it doesn’t have to be related to your real name. You may also provide an email address. We also store your user account preferences and settings.
- Content you submit – We collect the content you submit or post to the website. This includes your posts and comments including saved drafts, your messages with other users (e.g., private messages or chats), and your reports and other communications with moderators and with us. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos.
- Actions you take – We collect information about the actions you take when using the website. This includes your interactions with content, likes, comments, share, voting, saving, hiding or reporting. We collect your interactions with communities, such as any subscription requests.
- Other information – You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in Veedol-sponsored activities or promotions, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
- Information We Collect Automatically – When you access or use our website, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
- a) Log and usage data – We may log information when you access and use the website. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms etc.
- b) Information collected from cookies and similar technologies – We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests, and similar technologies. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and/or advertisements, and improve the quality of our services.
- c) Location information – We may receive and process information about your location. For example, with your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share such information on our services, including by associating your content with a location, or we may derive your approximate location from other information about you, including your IP address.
3. How Veedol International DMCC may use this information?
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the services
- Research and develop new services
- Help protect the safety of Veedol and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing our other policies
- Send you technical updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages
- Provide customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, events, news and other information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our website; and
- Personalize the services and provide information, content and features that match user profiles or interests.
We take measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also enforce technical and administrative access controls to limit which of our employees have access to your personal information.
Veedol International DMCC may contact you in relation to:
- The functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Veedol International DMCC can deliver the services to you; where you have opted to receive further correspondence.
- Any contribution you have made to Veedol International DMCC web site. To invite you to participate in surveys about Veedol International DMCC services (participation is always voluntary); and
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this. Local pages will give you detailed information about how Veedol International DMCC will contact you in relation to specific services.
The below listed types of sensitive data is never collected or processed unless required by law such as in the event of a court case:
- a) Race or ethnic origin
- b) Political opinions
- c) Religious or philosophical beliefs
- d) Trade union memberships
- e) Genetic or biometric data
- f) Health or mortality
- g) Sex life or sexual orientation
4. How long this information is kept?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Veedol International DMCC corporate retention schedule (this is a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long).
Where you contribute to Veedol International DMCC web site, Veedol International DMCC will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
International Data Transfers
We are based in the United Arab Emirates and we process and store information on servers located in the United Arab Emirates, USA and other geographies. We may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. By accessing or using the services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
5. Whether Veedol International DMCC shares this information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Veedol International DMCC. However, sometimes Veedol International DMCC uses third parties to process your information. Veedol International DMCC will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Veedol International DMCC will require ensure that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
We offer media sharing features that let you share content or actions you take on our website or services, with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (e.g., Facebook, You tube and Twitter).
6. Does any third-party collect personal information or have access to the information collected by Veedol International DMCC?
Veedol International DMCC does not share, sell, or give away your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With linked services – In case you link your Veedol account with any third-party service, we will share the information you authorize with that third-party service.
- With our partners – We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (but not with advertisers and ad partners) who need access to such information to carry out work for us. The partner’s use of personal data will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- To comply with the law – We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- In case of an emergency – We may share information if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- To enforce our policies and rights – We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
- With our affiliates – We may share information between and among Veedol group, and any of our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent – We may share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
a.What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of Veedol International DMCC web site features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyze the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our product information pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
8. Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to Veedol International DMCC
You can access and change certain information, such as:
- Deleting your account
- Review and opt-out of the services linked to your account
- Set your browser to remove or reject cookies
- Opt-out of receiving some or all categories of promotional communications from us
In connection with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) act, Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Australia’s Privacy Act of 1988, we adhere to and comply with their framework and principles.